JAGERBOMBS - AN ACCOUNTANTS BEST FRIEND

I work for a big consumer goods company in customer finance.  We were all working our ass off, really stressful week because we had a huge meeting coming up that evening with the whole Exec team.  It was one of those weeks where you work crazy hours to get it over the line and by the end, we were all running on empty but the presentation was really coming togehter.  And then, 30 min before we were due to go in, the meeting got cancelled.  Talk about anti-climax. 

We'd planned a big night out that night so quick shift of gears and we were in the pub with a table full of drinks.  Then I got a text from my boss at about 10pm that night saying that the meeting got moved to the next morning... cross-roads!! 

Either go home now and get a good nights rest or buy another drink and see what happens.  As I pondered my dilemma, one of the guys lands down to the table with a tray of jager bombs... an accountants weakness!  What choice did I have?! 

10 bombs later and its oblivion.  Hours later, long after my meeting has finished I groggily get out of bed and see 4 missed calls from my boss and 3 angry text messages "Ohh this is going to be bad!".  I hate that feeling when you wake up and it slowly sinks in what you did.  So I make an executive decision, turn my phone off and go back to bed... this problem can wait until tomorrow. 

8 comments:

Simon said...

Ah the sweet aroma of the Bomb, so many good memories... or actually, so many good nights without memories!

Lara said...

I'm an accountant and I can't stand Jager bombs, I just don't get it, they're horrible!

Give me a nice G&T any day

Jo said...

Jager bombs are like an accountants initiation! They should give you one at the ceremony after you pick up your scroll thing

Alex said...

That's unlucky timing! I hope your boss gave you a little slack, although ignoring the call prob wasn't the best idea

Constantine said...

If you're looking to enter Accountancy, Aloke Ghosh says that you should strongly consider attending a nice business school. The campus of my institution was downtown.

KGRNAccounting said...

I wish to indicate because of you only to bail me out of this specific trouble. As a consequence of checking through the net and meeting systems that were not beneficial, I thought my life was finished.advisory firms in dubai

Davidwestly said...

This blog is really helpful and presented neatly. Thanks for this blog. This blog is really helpful and the information suggested was awesome.I also heard about Chartered Accountant in Chennai whose services will be good and reliable.

Accountancy Enterprise Ltd said...

This blog is really helpful and presented neatly. Thanks for this blog. This blog is really helpful and the information suggested was awesome. I also heard about accounting london whose services will be good and reliable.