ARE ACCOUNTANTS UGLY?

Are accountants uglier than normal people?  If you listen to the stereotypes, this is your average accountant:


Just a stereotype?  I've worked in finance in lots of different companies and there's definitely some stunning looking accountants out there but sometimes you're in a meeting, you look around and you think "yep, I get where the sterotype is coming from!". 

Overall though, I think we're average but too many of us fall into the trap of good value suits (i.e. that don't fit so good) and sturdy, practical shoes (i.e. boring and black).  At least some of the Big 4 are taking steps to address this problem with a clever PR campaign: Top Ten List

5 comments:

Chris said...

Don't forget the billowing shirts! Few guys in our office wear these ridiculous shirts that are like a sail, they look about 3 sizes too big

Mark Tully said...

What about Irish Accountants what with Irish men being the joint ugliest in the world?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2011/0610/1224298679046.html

Matt said...

Ha, it's good to see the Big 4 strike back! They should roll that out every year, have a mini Miss Universe... they could call it Miss Number ONE

Sarah said...

Well from a female perspective, the finance guys in my office are all hideous! I may be an accountant but I certainly wouldn't date one!

KGRNAccounting said...

Hats off to your presence of mind. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I really appreciate your information which you shared with us. mainland company formation in uae